Energy performance certificates (EPCs)

In the UK, residential property owners whose properties are listed as ‘For Sale’ or ‘To Let’ have a legal obligation to provide a Domestic Energy Certificate, and within seven days of marketing the property, must have made ‘all reasonable efforts’ to obtain one.

Owners of commercial property and businesses have exactly the same obligation to provide a Non-Domestic EPC. There are certain properties that may not require an EPC, but please call Kingtons to discuss this further.

Authorised EPC Provider

Trading Standards Officers now have increased powers enabling them to force sellers, landlords or any persons acting on their behalf (such as estate or letting agents) to prove that an EPC has been commissioned and to provide a copy of the EPC on request, and they can issue a Penalty Notice if evidence is not provided within seven days.

Kingtons’ Company Director is an authorised EPC provider, meaning that we can offer both Domestic and Non-Domestic EPCs, with prices starting at £60+VAT. We are proud members of Stroma’s Domestic Energy Assessor certification scheme, which ensures that its members adhere to the scheme’s operating rules and appropriate standards.

Get In Touch